I suspected that a multi/trans-disciplinary book like TDO was going to be hard to classify, but it is almost amusing to see how it is being done. I am not surprised that the professionals at the Library of Congress put us in Z666.5, a category whose components are listed as:
- Bibliography. Library Science. Information Resources
- Libraries Topic Component
- Library science. Information science Topic Component
- Information organization Topic Component
- General works Topic Component
On the other hand, at Amazon.com you find TDO if you search for books on "library management" - and in the Apple IBooks store it is categorized as "System Administration."